There are a range of House Rules for the Sturt Desert Pea House.
These help to ensure that the wonderful experience of staying at the Sturt Desert Pea House is the best that it can be for you, for those that will follow you and those that have been before. These are also for the safety and security of visitors and to protect the private property of the owners.
Making a booking, completing your registration sheet or arriving at the property, implies that you understand the house rules with full acceptance of, adherence with, and payment of any additional charges that may rise from these house rules.
- Maximum number of visitors who can stay overnight is 8.
- No noise that can be heard outside the building of the Sturt Desert Pea House after 10pm. This is a residential area and noise does travel a long way.
- Noise during the day must be kept at a normal low level and not impact on neighbours.
- No parties – events are permitted at the Sturt Desert Pea House, however they must be booked separately as they have a range of specific terms, conditions and additional fees. These must be booked in advance.
- Any gatherings of more than the agreed number of visitors staying must be specifically approved, in advance, at the time of booking.
There may be additional charges, conditions and security deposit arrangements required.
- No smoking inside the house or near the doorways. This includes the outside table near the kitchen. Please collect all cigarette butts and put into the bins. Please do not extinguish butts on pavers, walls or other parts of the buildings or infrastructure.
- Animals or pets are not permitted on the premises or inside the house.
- Please move the BBQ onto the lawn before using it.
- Any additional cleaning required because of items such as (but not limited to) glitter, confetti, streamers, cigarette butts, excessive rubbish, may incur an addition charge.
- Any complaints received, for any reason, during your booking period, may result in the cancellation of the remainder of your stay, without notice and with no refund provided.
- The Sturt Desert Pea House is privately owned home and a business. Any activity that brings the Sturt Desert Pea House or its’ owners into disrepute, will result in the cancellation of the remainder of the stay, with no refund provided. You may be required to make good any damages.
- Please understand that Mother Nature does things that we have no control over.
The beautiful building of the Sturt Desert Pea with the mud brick and timber windows mean she is not airtight.
In our desert environment, the short life cycle of many insects results in large numbers of them, for short periods, at different times.
You may be lucky enough to experience one of these events during your stay!
- Many are attracted to the light. If you reduce the inside lights after the sun goes down, this may assist in keeping the numbers down inside the house itself. The Sturt Desert Pea House is not responsible for any reimbursement based on any such event.